Vacancy: Translator/Programs Assistant in HealthRight International and Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health
HealthRight International and International Charitable Foundation “Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health” (UFPH), founded by HealthRight, are looking for a Translator/Programs Assistant.
Position: Translator/Programs Assistant
Accountable to: Country Director/Executive Director
Terms of employment: Full-time job (40 hours per week)
Duration: 12 months with possible extension of contract
Salary: based on the results of the interview
Deadline for application: 15 June 2018
HealthRight International is a global health and human rights organization providing access to health and social services for marginalized populations. It has had a Representative Office in Ukraine since 2005. In 2008, HealthRight founded local organization, Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health (UFPH), to build local capacity and ensure sustainability for successful social support initiatives. We provide assistance and support to vulnerable groups of population, such as women survivors of violence, youth in conflict with the law, children, and families in crisis life circumstances in order for them to reach a worthy level of life and obtain equal opportunities for development and access to social, psychological, medical, legal, and educational services. We also build capacity of local service providers, organize training and educational activities, engage civil society in our awareness and advocacy actions. The projects are aimed at addressing health and social issues exacerbated by human rights violations.
The Translator/Programs Assistant will provide translation of documents related to organizations activities and projects in prevention and response to gender-based violence, HIV and adolescent health, as well as adolescents and women in conflict with law. She/he are also expected to assist with writing reports and planning of events organized by HealthRight and UFPH. Translator/Programs Assistant will be accountable to Country Director/Executive Director. The candidate must have excellent command of written and spoken English and be a skilled translator in relation to social care, health or humanitarian projects funded by international agencies and organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oral and written translation in Ukrainian/English related to writing reports or project applications to the donors or headquarters, communication with partners and the main office.
- Collection of data from project coordinators and partners regarding projects outcomes and impact and assistance with writing reports to the donors and headquarters.
- Data collection and preparation of informational and promotion materials about the organization.
- Assist with planning and organization of public events to promote organization’s publicity and recognition, fundraising, engagement of clients and staff.
- Working with online and paper documents, cooperation with regional partners, arrangement of meetings and finding partner’s contacts.
- Accompanying the director/project coordinators, representatives of partner and donor organizations during monitoring and site visits to the regions, providing interpretation if necessary.
- On demand: administrative support to project initiatives (logistics, delivering letters, printing of materials), arrangement of trips, developing meeting agendas, booking of hotel/flight tickets, meeting and accompanying guests.
- Higher education (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in relevant field;
- Excellent English skills (advanced or proficiency levels) both written and spoken;
- Experience in translation of official documents, program reports, etc.;
- Inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals.
Graduates of Universities without working experience can also apply.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should send their applications to email@example.com by 15 June 2018. Please, submit your cover letter, CV in English and two references in that can confirm the required qualifications and experience (Subject “Project Assistant – [your name]”).