Vacancy: Project Assistant/Translator in HealthRight International and Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health
HealthRight International and International Charitable Foundation “Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health” (UFPH), founded by HealthRight are looking for a Project Assistant/Translator.
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension).
HealthRight International has been working in Ukraine since 2005. In 2008, HealthRight founded local organization Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health (UFPH) to build local sustainability for successful social support initiatives. We provide assistance and support to vulnerable groups of population, such as women survivors of violence, youth in conflict with the law, children, and families in crisis life circumstances in order for them to reach a worthy level of life and obtain equal opportunities for development and access to social, psychological, pedagogical, medical, legal, and educational services.
Position: Project Assistant/Translator.
Work Location: Kyiv, Ukraine.
Terms of Employment: Full-time employee.
Deadline for application: 10 September, 2019.
The Project Assistant/Translator will provide translation of documents related to organizations activities and projects in prevention and response to gender-based violence, HIV and adolescent health, as well as adolescents and women in conflict with law. She/he are also expected to assist with writing reports and planning of events organized by HealthRight and UFPH. Project assistance/Translator will be accountable to Country Director / Executive Director. The candidate must have excellent command of written English and be a skilled translator in relation to social care, health or humanitarian projects funded by international agencies and organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translation of the documents related to organizations programs in violence prevention and response, HIV, recidivism prevention and adolescent health;
- Provide support with writing reports, annual statements, reviews, summaries, official letters, etc.
- Assist with planning and organization of meetings, training workshops, media events;
- Review and editing of informational materials, compilation of documents for project documentation and reporting, collection and analysis of data;
- Provide support to project coordinators in effective administration and logistics carried out for the project so that operational tempo is maintained.
- Higher education (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) in relevant field;
- Excellent English skills (advanced or proficiency levels) both written and oral;
- Experience in translation of official documents, program reports, etc.;
- Relevant working experience in project support functions;
- Inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team to achieve organizational goals.
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 September, 2019. Please, submit your cover letter, CV in English and two references in that can confirm the required qualifications and experience (Subject “Project Assistant – [your name]”). Only complete applications will be reviewed.