Job Vacancy: Associate Programs Director
The Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health and its founder HealthRight International are looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Associate Programs Director.
TITLE: Associate Programs Director (APD)
REPORTS TO: Country Director
BASED IN: Kyiv (with frequent travel to project areas across the country)
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Employee
HealthRight International is an international charitable organization acting in the sphere of public health and human rights protection to provide ongoing access to medical and social services for marginalized populations. HealthRight International has worked in Ukraine since 2005 and acts as a representative office of a foreign non-governmental organization. We work with local communities and partner organizations to create an efficient system of providing services to those in difficult living circumstances. To build local capacity, we hold training for service providers and involve authorities in empowerment and advocacy efforts. The projects implemented by HealthRight International serve to solve medical and social problems exacerbated by human rights violations. In 2008, HealthRight International founded the International Charitable Foundation “Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health” (UFPH).
PRIMARY ROLE: Reporting to the Country Director and working closely with leadership and technical teams at HQ, the Chief Program Officer (CPO) provides technical guidance and leadership and oversee the overall design, planning, implementation, management and evaluation of HealthRight’s and UFPH’s projects, sites and services in Ukraine. The APD will be dedicated to ensuring the country projects are strengthening local social services and healthcare systems, expanding opportunities for accessing services and raising the quality of life of marginalized communities. This position reports directly to the HealthRight Ukraine’s Country Director (Kyiv), is a member of the country Senior Management Team (SMT) and works collaboratively with the technical and leadership team at the HQ in NYC. S/he will deputize the Country Director in his/her absence and will be based in Kyiv with frequent travels to all other HealthRight and UFPH program locations across the country. With the humanitarian crisis, the APD will oversee quality assurance, proper coordination and mission alignment, and donor reporting.
- Maintain positive, effective working relationships with project partners, including local governmental partners or community-based organisations (CBOs), oblast state administrations, Ministry of Social Policy (MoSP), Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Ministry of Interior (MoI), as well as other implementing agencies in the regions of Ukraine in collaboration with the Country Director.
- Work with HealthRight headquarters Program Directors on new business development (concept notes, proposals etc), program quality, and technical depth based on best practices, context, effectiveness, and sustainability of impact.
- Work closely with UN agencies in Ukraine and other potential donors to develop agreements and work plans and foster collaboration for programs in line with policies and priorities set by the Ukrainian Government and HealthRight donors.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for HealthRight and UFPH projects’ implementation in Ukraine to ensure quality of programming and monitor program reporting for all country projects as required by HealthRight, donors and partners.
- Coordinate activities on transferring proven models to be funded form local budgets after project completion.
- Maintain compliance with all project donors, government and HealthRight’s finance, logistics, procurement, and personnel policies.
- Provide technical guidance on the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and dissemination of new research projects.
- Update the Country Director on all security and other relevant issues that may affect the work of HealthRight in Ukraine especially in areas of operation.
- Directly line manage all key Project managers and Coordinators.
- Work with the Country Director to ensure best human resource practices in managing, mentoring and building a highly motivated and supported program teams.
- In partnership with the Country Director, ensure efficient cross-functional synergies to facilitate first rated integrated management of HealthRight programs, budgets, human resources and relationships.
- Methodologically and practically support implementation by project and site coordinators and managers of interdisciplinary case management methodology in providing socio-medical help to projects’ target populations; monitor efficiency of provided help.
Communications and Advocacy
- Present the work of HealthRight and UFPH in Ukraine in public fora (i.e. national, regional and global conferences) as needed.
- Identify opportunities to share HealthRight Ukraine’s program successes, including data, with local and national partners regularly (i.e. journal manuscripts, meetings, etc.)
- Represent HealthRight Ukraine and UFPH in national-level working groups, UN subclusters, government coordination boards, and donor events.
- Spearhead documentation of program learnings and best practices to generate evidence for policy advocacy. Prepare reports and publications.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Commitment to HealthRight mission and values, as well as learning from project challenges and successes.
- Advanced degree in Medicine (MD), Public Health, Social Work, Education; master/specialist degree in public health administration/management strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience working with international NGOs implementing public health programs in Ukraine, including experience managing humanitarian, social programs or public health programs in communities.
- Prior experience leading projects/programs in HIV, RMNCAH, mental health, and/or violence, esp GBV response.
- An innovative self-starter able to operate independently and seek and incorporate guidance and feedback.
- Ability to focus on details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture and results-based project delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully operate and respond during a humanitarian crisis and under high-stress situations
- Demonstrated experience building, mentoring and developing a happy, motivated and productive team
- Proven ability to manage projects with excellent project budget management skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability and track record of partnering with donors, government agencies, NGOs, communities and health development partners.
- Proven skills in generating technical data and evidence base inform programming quality and policy advocacy
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs, cover letters and salary expectations to email@example.com with Associate Programs Director listed in the subject line by July 4, 2022.